We can still COLLABORATE – To #InspireAndCreateChange has been our mantra since the very beginning here at Impact Hub Basel, and this will not change, even in difficult times. Because one thing is certain, we are #StrongerTogether.
To help us all stay healthy, productive and positive we have compiled a list for everyone in our wider community, ranging from e-collaboration tools to webinars, online classes and tech insights, free online meditations, concerts and local resources to find out how you can help people who are affected around you.
Here are some tips and platforms you might want to check out!
Help your Neighbours
- Legal advice and tips for helping your neighbours
- Hilf Jetzt: Organize to support other people in Switzerland. Here you will find contacts and tips for self-organization.
- #justincase: the print template from neighbour to neighbour
- Helfer in der Not: Our mission is to build a safety network of volunteers for hospitals and aid institutions in need.
- Red Cross : Here you can find out how the Red Cross is currently helping.
- Corona hotline: +41 58 463 00 00
- Tech Tools in times of Corona, a comprehensive list of tools to take your next meeting, event or workshop online
- Learn about successful online communities
- The Coronavirus Tech Handbook provides a space for technologists, specialists, civic organizations and public & private institutions to collaborate on a rapid and sophisticated response to the corona virus outbreak.
- Various crowdfunding websites to raise funds for businesses and associations: crowdify.net, kickstarter.com, gofundme & Indiegogo
Audio books, Podcasts, Books and more
- Daily Coronavirus Update with Christian Drosten, Head of virology at the Charité in Berlin
- Hurry Slowly is a podcast about how you can be more productive, creative, and resilient through the simple act of slowing down
- 18 Podcasts Every Entrepreneur Should Listen To
- Find a broad range of Podcasts and audio books by SFR online
- Frederic Laloux, Reinventing Organisations (Book online)
- Strategyzer (eg. Business Model Canvas, Value Proposition Design and many more)
- The tbd. Good Cast (German) talks about many interesting subjects around creating impact and doing good
- Rock Your Life Podcast to unfold your potential and find your calling
- Toolbox for Startups (German)
- Social Entrepreneur Guidebook
Golden Home Office rules
- Free Home Office Guide (German)
- Tips to organise your Home Office
- Tbd*’s Golden Home Office Tips and tricks (German)
Online Classes and Webinars to look out for
- Coursera offers free online courses on basically everything
- For all parents out there, here are some resources for homeschooling and learning online: Khan Academy, BBC Learning, Futurelearn, Openlearn, Schlaumeier and SFR My School
- Don’t Cancel, go Digital: Webinars and Replays for everyone to take their work online
- openTransfer Webinar «Agiles Arbeiten in gemeinnützigen Organisationen«, Tuesday, 31 March, 6.30pm
- Open Transfer webinars and online classes (German)
- Workshops on Impact measurement by Phineo (German)
- Online Recording of Yovas Basics Investment Session in Basel from 18 March (German)
- Pioneers of Change online Summit, 18 March to 30 March
- Tech Talk: Win your first Customer … and beyond. Lugas Raka Adrianto, Business Development Associate at Sparksense will draw from his real-life experience working with startups. 26 March, 6.00pm, follow this link to register.
- Virtual School Day: Nearly 200 free, live K-12 classes available all day long intended to help parents fill their children’s day with enriched learning. Some popular classes are «Intro to Spanish for Kids», “Coolest Women in History”, “Java Programming Basics”, and “The Story of Your Favorite Fairy Tales”. We have received exceptional ratings from thousands of parents and students.
- Virtual Summer Camps: Free half-day summer camps are a week long, with enrichment-based classes in subjects like foreign languages, chess, theater, coding, Minecraft, how to be a detective, photography and more. These live, interactive camps will be taught by expert instructors vetted through Varsity Tutors› platform. We already have 300+ camps scheduled for the summer and 2,000 families per day signing up.
- Adaptive Diagnostic Assessments: Measure a student’s proficiency and identify strengths and weaknesses in hundreds of subjects. Get an effective learning plan along with free tools to improve.
- Varsity Learning Tools: More than 250,000 free practice problems in over 200 subjects. Also available as mobile applications.
Online Resources for your Mental and Physical Health
- App with meditations and online courses for better mental health
- Recipes for Wellbeing provides a full list on how to keep your physical, emotional, spiritual and mental wellbeing up in the time of COVID-19
- Free yoga classes by Lesley Fightmaster
- Runtastic: adidas Running & Training apps is a paid app for your workout at home
- Youper app, your AI powered mental health assistant
Culture and Art
- ARTE concerts streams free concerts from different artists all over the worlds
- Berliner Philharmoniker Digital Concert Hall is your free web stream to experience classical music at home
- Google Arts & Culture features content from over 1.200 leading museums and archives to bring the world’s treasures online.
We stay in touch with you – now ONLINE with new content, platforms and offers. The Impact Hub Basel team would like to stay social with you even in these times of physical distancing. Public online workshops and events are in the making and will be published on our usual channels – Meetup and Eventbrite.
Stay tuned for you first learning opportunity by Impact Hub Basel: Remote Work, Home Office, Free Meetings with Patrick Scheurer: Free 30-minute advice for home office, Zoom and Miro on Tuesday, 24 March, 11am (link coming soon).
For our members, we host three calls per week: Tuesdays 8am Meditation with George – Tuesdays 10am Community Check-in – and Thursdays 6pm Digital Afterwork – contact us if you’d like to join in, too!
Impact Hub Basel team
PS: Our phone (+41 76 500 40 53) will only be answered from 9am to 5pm daily. At any other time we ask you to send us an e-mail ([email protected]).
Some Governmental Updates
- Meeting in groups of more than 5 people is prohibited in public.
- Employers must do everything to secure the health of the employees. Cantons can close businesses who are not compliant.
- The Federal Council is taking measures for the self-employed. A daily compensation can not exceed CHF 196 per day (more information to follow).
- Businesses can apply easier to banks for loans as of next week, Wednesday, 25 March 2020.
- Bundesamt für Gesundheit (FOPH)
Information for Businesses in Basel